Inter Ocean Services divides its working practices as follows:
How it works
1- Procurement Assistance
- Where IOS receives a request from a Brazilian company to provide a quotation for new equipment or
spare parts that are available outside Brazil. Such a quotation includes price, availability and payment
- IOS, from their very considerable experience are able to source suitable material and
present a quotation to the client including details of commercial and import conditions.
- Once the quotation has been approved by the client, the material is ordered and an
acceptable delivery schedule produced. IOS monitor the delivery and ensure suitable
progress is maintained.
- Once the goods are ready for shipment, the client is advised and the mode of despatch is
A. Should client arrange shipment, IOS will provide any such assistance as may be required
B. The most likely event is that IOS are requested to arrange shipment. IOS will then prepare the entire
necessary documentation essential to ensure the smooth import of the goods into Brazil . Thus
relieving the client of all worry and responsibility concerned with importation.
2 - Contract purchasing
– This involves individual projects where a “contract for assistance” is agreed. This could be for one or
multiple projects. It can include follow up on behalf of clients, inspection or witness testing on existing
orders. This facility could be simply to coordinate the forwarding to Brazil of goods where control at a
distance can prove difficult to manage.
3 - Export Assistance
– From the very considerable experience within the IOS operation a company (client) with limited
experience of exporting to Brazil can take advantage of such expertise. This can extensively
increase the possibilities to secure business which may otherwise be lost through lack of required
4 - Financing
– Where this is required IOS are in a position to negotiate financing via a first class International Bank.
It is also possible that IOS can arrange Credit Insurance.
5 - Logistics
- IOS have made an association with and have worked together with several small forwarding
companies over a period of many years. These forwarders specialise in either “Air freight” or “Sea
freight” .This long association has proved to be extremely valuable to both IOS and their clients.
- IOS know and trust the personnel with whom they are working, which trust benefits all concerned.
In the offices of IOS there are always persons available to speak with clients in Portuguese language a facility of great importance.
IOS has an office in Brazil and associate office in the UK and assistant office in most European countries.
Outside of Europe IOS has purchasing assistance offices in USA, China, Japan, Taiwan and Malaysia.
Special projects executed
In recent years IOS has completed several major projects whereby considerable reductions in import duties have been achieved.
In particular a steel production unit for Mannesmann and a factory for wooden door production in Bahia.
4. The Mannesmann project was completely overseen and executed by IOS with the minimum of
aggravation to all involved.
5. The wooden door project was completely overseen by IOS from its inception in Antwerp via sea
freight to Vitoria and on to Florevale in Bahia. This was also achieved without
serious incident and advantage to all concerned.
In conclusion, the seemingly complicated and legalistic difficulties experienced by new or regular importers into Brazil can be overcome by looking to IOS for assistance.
The reputation of IOS speaks for itself as can be seen from the foregoing. Should you or your company wish to avail of the services of IOS or you are in need of a prompt solution to an import problem you only have to make contact to discuss your requirement .
It costs little to speak to IOS but talking to IOS could solve your problem and make you considerable saving along the road.
The IOS story so far has been based on reliability and trust so call us or e-mail us and we look forward to being of service to you.